Meetings: Typically on the third Tuesday of the month at Bremer Linden Hills, which is located at 4278 Sheridan Ave S.
The United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change released a report in Fall 2018 that outlined the dire consequences that will accompany the failure to act on the climate crisis. The Environment & Sustainability Committee seeks to do our small part by protecting the environment, educating our neighbors on actions we can all take, and reducing our collective footprint by integrating environmentally sustainable policies and programs into the fabric of Linden Hills that balance the priorities of responsible environmental stewardship, economic development, and quality of life.
Our Committee has a history of being a leader in the City of Minneapolis when it comes to tackling environmental issues. Just as we have led in the past, we know that Linden Hills has the people and the resources to continue our leadership role moving forward. That’s why we invite each and every one of our neighbors to join our Committee and share your ideas as to how we can truly make a difference.
The committee works to:
- Educate individuals and groups who live, work and play in the area about the effects of their actions on the environment and their importance as stewards of our planet’s resources.
- Serve as a source of information and a forum for discussion on environmental and sustainability issues.
- Identify actions needed now and in the future that will help ensure the quality of the neighborhood’s natural resources, including air, soil, and water.
- Advocate specific policy changes and actions at the neighborhood, Southwest community and City levels that will protect and enhance the environment.
- Create, maintain, preserve and protect green spaces, gardens and a healthy urban forest in Linden Hills.
Committee projects include:
- Residential Solar – Info sessions for those interested in solar.
- Protect our Waterways: Help Keep Leaves Out of the Street!
- William Berry Woods – Neighborhood cleanup days
If you’re interested in joining the committee, please reach out.