LHiNC Housing Committee
The Housing Committee was newly formed in 2014.
Committee Chairman: Jim Miller
Committee Members: Eric Hansen, Chuck Sullivan, Sara Jaehne
Housing Committee’s Mission Statement:
The Linden Hills Neighborhood Council’s Housing Committee’s Mission is to create an open forum to address housing concerns in Linden Hills.
- The Housing Committee meets the fourth Monday of the month at Linden Hills Coop from 6:30pm -7:30pm.
The Housing Committee seeks to be proactive about housing issues facing the neighborhood and looks to seek solutions for issues outlined in the Small Area Plan (SAP).
Below is a list of some of the issues that the Housing Committee will prioritize.
- Work on solutions to the parking problems in the neighborhood which will continue to increase as more businesses move into the neighborhood. Seek grants or funding for a parking study. The area of particular interest for parking is the area between Settergren’s Hardware and St. Thomas the Apostle Church and the old Trolley Corridor leading to Xerxes Ave.
- Renters Forums – The data from 2010 shows that the Neighborhood is about 30% renters. We seek to engage renters to discover the issues that are facing this underserved population in our neighborhood.
- Senior Housing Initiatives – The Housing Committee will spearhead aging-in-place, accessory housing and senior housing initiatives. This will involve reaching out to small scale senior housing developers for guidance and identifying possible locations.
- New members outreach. Look for committed community members who can help with Housing Committee project development.
- Linden Hills Small Area Plan review.
- Linden Hills Little Homes Tour.