Saturday, January 27, Noon to 4:00 p.m.
Lake Harriet, near Band Shell
The annual Lake Harriet Kite Festival is a FREE family-oriented outdoor event great for all ages and abilities.
Bring your own kite or buy one at the festival. Enjoy music, horse and wagon rides, arts and crafts and more free family fun. Assorted food trucks will be onsite to serve hot food and beverages for purchase. And if you get cold, cozy up to a fire pit or take a break in the warming tent.
Other Kite Festival activities include:
- Ice fishing for all ages
- FREE s’mores to roast at the fire pits
- Snowshoeing led by Minneapolis Park Board naturalists – equipment provided
- Fat tire bike riding provided by Farmstead Bike Shop and Surly Bikes
- Wintery nature hikes offered by Minneapolis Park Board naturalists
- Special appearance by Wild Rumpus Book Store offering “Tail Time” at 1:30 and 2:30 pm
The Kite Festival is organized by the Minneapolis Parks & Recreation Board along with Linden Hills Neighborhood Council and East Harriet Neighborhood Association.
PARKING AND SHUTTLE INFO
Free lot parking is available on site, as well as free, on-street parking throughout the neighborhood. Parking fills up quickly. This year a shuttle sponsored by Bremer Bank will be available. Free shuttles to the Lake Harriet Band Shell will leave from Linden Hills Park (3100 W 43rd St.) from 11:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.