The Linden Hills Farmers’ Market begins its 2020 market season on Sunday, May 17 from 10 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The market management has created a marketplace that seeks to protect neighbors, farmers and food makers – while still providing the high-quality local foods customers know and love.
In May and June, customers will place orders and pay online between Monday and Thursday, then arrive Sunday morning for drive-through pick up. Pick up will occur at Settergren’s Ace Hardware on 43rd & Upton (see map). Mark Settergren has generously donated his parking lot since 2012.
As the season progresses, management hopes to return to a more traditional in-person market model. Until then, all sales will be conducted online. Vendors will not be in attendance during the pick up market, and no additional sales will be made on-site, day-of market. Order online at https://www.frankandernestmarkets.com/.
To sign up for the LHFM newsletter, please go to their website.
THE LHFM ASKS CUSTOMERS TO ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Following the Minnesota Department of Agriculture’s guidance for farmers markets and vendors, the Linden Hills Farmer’s Market has made the following changes to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 including:
- Having all staff wear masks, gloves and clear visors.
- Creating physical barriers to slow down and distance customers.
- Setting up hand washing stations at the pick up market entrances and exits.
- Limiting the number of people allowed to enter the pick up market location at any one time.
- Additionally, we have created the following safety guidelines for shoppers including:
- Stay home if you are sick or have been in contact with someone who has been sick.
- Pick up your pre-sold products solo, only send one family member, and ideally please arrive via automobile. Accommodations will be made for those on foot.
- Wear a mask and wash your hands.
- Don’t touch products. Let management place your orders in your car, or set them at the designated table before approaching and collecting your products. We understand that some neighbors may want to arrive on site by foot, and management will do their best accommodate walk up pick ups.
- Limit conversations, don’t mingle.
- Maintain a minimum of 6 feet social distancing at all times.
- While these are general guidelines, as conditions change, please remember to check the Linden Hills Farmer’s Market website and Facebook page to stay informed about the latest precautions, and activities.