The Linden Hills Neighborhood Council (LHiNC) is excited to announce that it will host a community celebration at Linden Hills Park on Saturday, September 18 from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The all-day festival will be slightly smaller than our traditional spring festival, which was cancelled in 2020 and 2021 due to COVID-19 concerns, but will maintain its spirit of fun and community.
Expect live music, delicious food, a beer garden and COVID-safe activities for kids and adults alike. Full event details can be found at lindenhills.org/festival.
SAFETY: To minimize public health risks and follow guidelines from the MN Department of Health, LHiNC requests that all non-vaccinated persons, including children, wear a mask if you cannot keep 6 feet away from people from other households. LHiNC will have free masks and hand sanitizer throughout the festival grounds.
ENTERTAINMENT & DINING: Get ready for a fun and exciting line-up of local musicians organized by The House of Music, and please bring your appetite! Nashville Coop, Old Southern BBQ, The Purple People Feeder, Taqueria Victor Hugo and Drews Donuts will serve up delicious festival fare with a beer garden sponsored by Red Wagon Pizza.
FAMILY-FRIENDLY ACTIVITIES: LHiNC has planned activities that will allow kids to have fun and stay safe, including arts and crafts with Heartfelt and Simply Jane, a Gaga Ball Pit from Lake Harriet United Methodist Church, a kids’ yoga class from YogaFit, and storytime with Linden Hills Library, plus a festival-wide scavenger hunt with prizes!
FUN FOR ALL AGES: In addition to food & music, look forward to:
- HISTORIC WALKING TOURS – Linden Hills History Study Group will lead two tours (12:00 & 2:00 p.m.), leaving from its festival booth. Recommended donation: $5. Pre-register at lindenhills.org/festival.
- USED BOOK SALE – Friends of Linden Hills Library are back with books for all ages; proceeds benefit Hennepin County Libraries.
- FOOD DRIVE – Simply Jane Studio is partnering with Mt. Olivet Church to support Joyce Uptown Food Shelf. Bring two or more non-perishable food items or $10+ cash donation to their tent and receive a free canvas with Simply Jane designs to paint!
- ENVIRONMENT SECTION – Learn about planting native plants and pollinators, healthy soil, pesticide-free lawns, and how to go solar.
- BOCCE DEMO – The Linden Hills Bocce Ball Club will be on the park bocce courts to demonstrate and teach this fun game for all ages!