Everyone is welcome to attend our committee meetings and we encourage you to join a committee! Below is a description of each committee and times that they typically meet. Please visit the Events page to see the exact time and place of each meeting.
Community Projects Committee
Meetings: Typically on the third Tuesday of the month
The Community Projects Committee explores ideas and completes smaller-scale projects that benefit the residents and business owners of Linden Hills.
Community members are also encouraged to submit their own ideas and project proposals to the committee. If approved, the community member then collaborates with members of the committee to bring their vision to life!
Examples of ideas the committee is considering or working on today:
- Extending the Trolley Path naturescape to include another block of native plants and community gathering space.
- Finalizing the Linden Hills playground equipment addition, expected in the spring of 2024 -- and planning the grand opening, too!
- Coordinating a blood drive at the Linden Hills Rec Center
Meetings: Held on the fourth Thursday of the month, February through September
In partnership with LHiNC staff, the Events Committee plans, organizes, and assists with the execution the council's two largest events and fundraisers: the Taste of Linden Hills (in the spring) and the Linden Hills Fall Festival.
The committee is busy, active and FUN! Some of the roles they're looking to fill are:
- Creatives who can help us turn a gymnasium into a stunning event space.
- Folks interested in coordinating a silent auction, wine pull, or other small-scale fundraising option for the 2024 Taste of Linden Hills.
- People interested in coordinating with local businesses to garner their support (via in-kind sponsorships, financial contributions or other means).
- Those who will roll up their sleeves to help us set up and take down our event spaces on the day of our two big events.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in volunteering or joining this committee!
Chaired by the LHiNC Treasurer
The Finance Committee oversees the financial management of LHiNC and CPP/NRP funds for Linden Hills. The committee reviews requests for donations and grant applications and makes funding recommendations to the Board.