Everyone is welcome to attend our committee meetings and we encourage you to join a committee! Below is a description of each committee and times that they typically meet. Please visit the Events page to see the exact time and place of each meeting.
Environment & Sustainability Committee
Meetings: Typically on the third Tuesday of the month at Bremer Linden Hills, 4278 Sheridan Avenue South
The United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change released a report in Fall 2018 that outlined the dire consequences that will accompany the failure to act on the climate crisis. The Environment & Sustainability Committee seeks to do our small part by protecting the environment, educating our neighbors on actions we can all take, and reducing our collective footprint by integrating environmentally sustainable policies and programs into the fabric of Linden Hills that balance the priorities of responsible environmental stewardship, economic development, and quality of life.
Our Committee has a history of being a leader in the City of Minneapolis when it comes to tackling environmental issues. Just as we have led in the past, we know that Linden Hills has the people and the resources to continue our leadership role moving forward. That’s why we invite each and every one of our neighbors to join our Committee and share your ideas as to how we can truly make a difference.
The committee works to:
- Educate individuals and groups who live, work and play in the area about the effects of their actions on the environment and their importance as stewards of our planet’s resources.
- Serve as a source of information and a forum for discussion on environmental and sustainability issues.
- Identify actions needed now and in the future that will help ensure the quality of the neighborhood’s natural resources, including air, soil, and water.
- Advocate specific policy changes and actions at the neighborhood, Southwest community and City levels that will protect and enhance the environment.
- Create, maintain, preserve and protect green spaces, gardens and a healthy urban forest in Linden Hills.
Committee projects include:
- Residential Solar – Info sessions for those interested in solar.
- Protect our Waterways: Help Keep Leaves Out of the Street!
- William Berry Woods – Neighborhood cleanup days
If you’re interested in joining the committee, contact email@example.com.
Communications & Outreach Committee
Meetings: Typically the last Monday of the month at Bremer Linden Hills, 4278 Sheridan Avenue South
The Communications & Outreach Committee supports the identity and mission of LHiNC by coordinating publicity for the council, informing residents of events in the neighborhood, important city news and reaching out to new neighbors to welcome them to Linden Hills.
The committee produces and distributes the bimonthly Linden Hills newsletter, The Linden Hills Line, to neighborhood households. The committee also distributes a monthly E-newsletter that informs residents, businesses, and the greater community. To be added to our subscriber list, please click here.
Meetings: Held as needed per the event schedule
In partnership with LHiNC staff, the Events Committee plans, organizes, and assists with the execution of community events on behalf of LHiNC (Nice Neighbors Day, Linden Hills Festival, Fall Festival/LHiNC elections and the Taste of Linden Hills, among others).
The committee works to:
- Develop a yearly calendar of community events that nurture and grow neighborhood relationships
- Outline, delegate, and execute event tasks
- Continue to improve upon LHiNC’s events and come up with new ways to attract neighbors to events
Chaired by the LHiNC Treasurer
The Finance Committee oversees the financial management of LHiNC and CPP/NRP funds for Linden Hills. The committee reviews requests for donations and grant applications and makes funding recommendations to the Board.