Linden Hills History Study Group
Saving St. Anthony Falls with John Anfinson
January 20, 7:00 p.m. , Online
In 1876, the Corps of Engineers finished a massive concrete wall under the Mississippi River at St. Anthony Falls. Standing three stories tall and spanning the river, the wall safeguards Minneapolis’ water supply and helps ensure the river doesn’t undermine bridges or other infrastructure. No one has inspected it for 145 years. Retired Park Superintendent John Anfinson of the Mississippi National River and Recreation Area will share his concerns for this critical piece of infrastructure.