On Saturday, Sept 30, the community gathered at Linden Hills Park for the 2023 Linden Hills Fall Festival. Now in its 48th year, the festival is the signature event of the Linden Hills Neighborhood Council (LHiNC), and a favorite for neighbors, and local business owners, non-profit organizations, entertainers and local food vendors. LHiNC counts the event as one of their main fundraisers, and the organization was able to raise nearly $10,000 after expenses.
Thousands were in attendance to celebrate another great year in the community, enjoying kid bounce houses, carnival games, live music, food trucks, a bigger-than-ever beer garden, face painting and henna application, and visiting with the local businesses and civic organizations who were tabling at the event.
While LHiNC hosts the festival, the event is dependent on hundreds across our community and beyond, including:
- Brad McLemore and the House of Music, for organizing the live music
- Red Wagon Pizza, for sponsoring the beer garden
- Volunteers from the Southwest High School basketball, baseball and football teams
- Mint Orthodontics, for handing out scavenger hunt prizes to kids
- Dozens of community volunteers who hauled tables, chairs and tents, staffed the silent auction and beer garden, and more.
We also want to thank all of our generous sponsors and our LHiNC Board Members, who gave countless hours before, during and after the event to ensure it was a success. While it will be another year before we meet again for the 2024 Linden Hills Fall Festival, you can believe that LHiNC is already planning to ensure it’s our best event yet. See you next time!
2023 Linden Hill Festival Sponsors
Eli Johnson – Engel and Volkers Minneapolis