In honor of Earth Day (April 22), LHiNC encourages everyone to get out there and take care of Mother Earth! Choose an activity from the list below (or come up with your own):
- Pick up litter from your block or a nearby park or trail
- Clear and/or adopt a storm drain
- Clear leaves from your street
- Pull invasive species
- Start composting
Take a photo of you with family or friends taking part in the activity and post it on Instagram or LHiNC’s Facebook Group with #LHRestoreOurEarth. Post by April 26, and you’ll be entered to win a $25 gift card from Sunnyside Gardens, Settergren’s or Naturally Wild. LHiNC’s Environmental and Sustainability Committee thanks you in advance for helping Restore Our Earth.
Other ways to Restore Our Earth in Linden Hills:
- Plant native species or pollinators
- Go paperless
- Prepare at least 2 meatless meals this week
- Switch to green power through Excel Energy Windsource or Solar Rewards Program
- Sign up for an Excel Energy Audit
- Walk or bike someplace you’d normally drive
- Join the Linden Hills Environment & Sustainability Committee!